Today I am finally doing a review on the Maybelline Buff lipsticks. I was able to pick out a few of the shades that I thought would work best for me. There are ten shades and I have six of them.
I like the simple slick packaging but just looking at it, you can't tell the actual lipstick colour. the sticker on the bottom shows the colour of the lipstick. So while I like the packaging, I have to open it and see which one I have picked out.
So this Buff lipsticks are the nude, natural line and so the colours are either a light brownish colour or darker. It is in the same colour family, at least that is the case with the ones I have.
- goes on smooth and creamy on the lips
- it could emphasize dry lips (exfoliate or apply lip balm before application)
- great pigmentation
- nice consistency / applies evenly
- slick packaging
- good for dramatic/heavy eye makeup looks (dramatic eye nude lips)
- wide selection for every skin tone and colour preference
- need reapplying after about an hour or two, that also depends on eating and drinking
Overall, I actually really do like these lipsticks! I never thought there would come a day that I would actually grab a lipstick or go for nude lips but my makeup tastes has been changing a lot. I used to be a lip gloss girl. I wouldn't use anything else other than lip gloss. Now a long time has past and I rarely reach for lip gloss. It is as interesting as it is weird.
Have you tried any of the Buff lipsticks? What are your thoughts on it?